Monday, December 5, 2005

Hair Salon Revelations

Since this was my "free" day off from work, I called my hair guy of 10 years to see if he could fit me in for a cut and color. Yea! He could! So in I walk with my hair up in a "Pebbles" ponytail (Flintstone~not "Pebbles" the singer. Although I used to love rockin' out to "Girlfriend" and "Mercedes Boy" back in the 80's) ready to be "transformed".

I proceed to the shampoo room and am reclined with my head in the shampoo bowl when in walks this woman pushing a baby stroller. Mind you, I'm practically laying down, so all I see is a woman from the knees down and the stroller. Lady apologizes to Hair Guy for being so late for her appointment (45 mins) and could he still fit her in? Hair Guy says yeah, but she'll have to wait while he finishes me and then the woman after me. Lady says great and goes off to change the baby's diaper....

Hair Guy and I proceed back to his "station". I neither see nor hear Lady or the baby anymore. She's in the reception area of the salon. After Hair Guy finishes with me, he goes out into the reception area while I pack up my stuff. I hear him admiring the baby. I go out into the reception area and see Hair Guy over where Lady is sitting on a bench. Standing next to her is a pretty girl of around 7. O.K. Then Hair Guy moves away from Lady and there is a cute little boy sitting next to Lady! What is this? A clown car?!?!?! How many has she got?!?!?!

So, ok. Lady has an adorable 8 month-old baby girl, a pretty, beautifully dressed 7 year-old girl, and a cute 6 year-old boy. I, loving all cute, clean, well-dressed children under the age of 12 (as long as they're not mine to deal with) compliment her on her lovely children as I head out the door. THEN Hair Guy drops the bomb.... "Aren't they cute", he says. "So pretty and well-behaved...and she has a 23 year-old son at home!!".

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I got in my Beetle for the drive home-thanking God that Lady wasn't me.

15 comments:

  1. Fuck THAT?! Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god! Is she a woman or a robot?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW!

    Now I have to ask, how do you look? That is all that matters, YOU and your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NWG: That's what I thought, but I mangaged not to say it out loud~especially since there were children present!! :)

    Left: I KNOW...I was thinking "Stepford Wife" myself!

    Sunny: My hair looks FABULOUS, thank you! After all, it IS all about me and my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh....you know that could so have been me!!! Well, technicall, I guess it still could be...except the child is not at home and is 25!! kd

    ReplyDelete
  6. kd: I've figured out who you are, Bitch!!!! :) You do SO have a creative bone in your body. Some of your creative stuff came in the mail today :)
    And no, it wouldn't have been you because we'd have talked you out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the people you see... how small town are we.... :)
    What is up with that! I see so many moms at school with 1, 2, or even 3 kids that look SO good! I want to know their diet and their prenancy eating schedule! I want to look that good when I have kids! If having kids improves your physique, sign me up! j/k! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What was she thinking? Oh, wait, she wasn't.

    Glad you and your hair are both fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What was she thinking, oh, she wasn't.

    Glad your hair and you are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. City Girl: I KNOW!!! :)

    Jenn: Thanks, Doll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what's annoying? If you'd asked her how she still looked so good she'd probably say "oh just breastfeeding and running after all of them hahaha".

    Whatever, that bitch better love her parents for the good genes or she works her ass off when the rest of us are sleeping...

    The kids sound cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, it was kinda freaky how good she looked. Maybe a size 4 or 6...Bitch! She probably does 5 miles a day on the eliptical trainer while she learns French and her homemade bread is baking in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  13. little pissy:
    yeah...can you work a full time job AND look that good??? Or is looking that good your job?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love you and your sense of humor. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sunny: Thanks! Right back at 'cha! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!