Court on Fridays!!!!
Damn new Judges.
Everyone in my office, with the exception of Baby DA and me will be wearing jeans tomorrow because it's Friday.
Baby DA and I have to go to Circuit court for FIVE freakin' cases. That's it. Just five. But because of that~ suits must be worn.
ARGGGHHHH!
Editor's Note* If I didn't like to shop so much, I'd quit. And not just because of this. But that's another post....
Thursday, January 5, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Q) How can you tell
ReplyDeletewhen a laywers lying...
A) His lips are moving!
Ha Ha Ha...
PS. I hate lawyers
and judges.
We never get to wear jeans. Isn't that crazy? Being a teacher you would think it would be allowed. I am always on the floor with the kids. They are always wiping their snot on me. I get marker and pen on my pants all the time.
ReplyDeleteEnough complaining! I hope your Friday is rocking!
I wear jeans and a t-shirt every day ... except for the summer when I wear shorts. :)
ReplyDelete(Small office. None of our clients visit. Cool place to work.)
I'm not real quick, but I finally figured out that you do the same kind of job my Mom used to do before she retired. They used to call her "Queen of the Bastard Children." :)
BTW, love the "I Freakin' Hate" theme for some reason. :)
ReplyDeleteHack: You DO know that I thought of you when I wrote it (I freakin' hate...) and hoped that you wouldn't mind me "borrowing" your theme :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a cool place to work! My dream office attire would be either sweats or pajama pants and a t-shirt. Somehow, I don't think that's gonna happen here...
Yes, that's me "Queen of the Bastard Children".... which is really ironic b/c I have Queen stuff all over my office. And one cs defendant refers to me as "Dark Skinned Queen" (during the summer when I'm at the pool all the time). My co-workers at DHR call me "SQUEEN" for short!
I'm impressed that your mom made it to retirement age in this job. I'm not gonna last that long. Its been 12 years for me and I'd go TODAY if I didn't like to spend $ so much! :)
Sunny: That's just silly! City P gets to wear jeans every Friday at her school (w/ a shirt in "school colors"). And they can earn some kind of points to use as "jean days" at other times.
Polyman: Lots of people hate 'em. But I have to say this: my best friend is a lawyer. I'm friendly with several judges. On the other hand, some of the biggest assholes I've ever met have been lawyers.
sorry Pissy
ReplyDeleteat least tomorrow is saturday and you can go SHOPPING!
I actually just read another blogger's post on my blogroll concerning casual friday, weird.
ReplyDeleteI wear jeans pretty much every day, as does everyone else around here. I like wearing dresses just to change things up.
Court actually sounds really cool I think I would like to be a lawyer for a day. Of course I watch waaay too much Law and Order SVU, I am assuming that it's exactly like that.
t cole: You're so right! Of course, I've already been to Wal-Mart today :) That kinda counts as shopping :)
ReplyDeleteDe: Jeans everyday....would probably get boring. But at least you change things up. :)
As for court, I don't have to tell YOU of all people that court here is NOTHING like Law and Order. Some times are much more interesting than others, of course. But our court is much more casual than what you see on tv.
One of these times when you're visiting Hell, you'll have to go with me to court.
Sweet Man has dropped in a couple of times. He finds it amusing :)
P, honey, you gotta do what I do - keep a suit on the back of the door and change into right before I leave the office and back out of it as soon as I get back. I have a vendetta against the cretin who invented panty hose, and part of that is to avoid contact with them as much as possible!
ReplyDeleteAs for being a lawyer, well, your time is kind of divided like this:
0.0005% making passionate arguments about significantly controvesial topics whose outcome could potentially change public policy
0.9995% reading & writing the credits
At least it was one year less than med school and I don't usually have to be exposed to anybody's nasty body fluids... :-)
ICK! suit's suck! how about one of those t-shirts underneath?
ReplyDeletetc
Rocky: My theory on pantyhose is that they're the invention of some male in retribution for the necktie.
ReplyDeleteSuit on the back of the door has been attempted. Kinda problematic... Sometimes I just go home and change after court. Especially on the Fridays when we just have ONE case.ARGGGGG!
My youngest daughter, Little P, was all set to go to law school and then decided to just get her Master's instead. Ended up taking 2 yrs instead of 18 months 'cuz they tacked on an "internship". I wish she'd gone to law school.... Sometimes I wish she'd gone to law school. But she's finished now so it really doesn't matter :)
Bodily fluids...ick! and lawyers have better hours :)
tc: One of my t-shirts???? You mean my tacky ones, I'm sure. That would spice things up! :)
Ya hit a raw nerve, Pissy. I used to be able to wear jeans every Friday just like Penguin...now it's the last Friday of each month. C'monnnn people. I may work in a middle school but that doesn't mean that I don't get snot, blood, sweat, and all sundry of CRAP all over myself. Let me wear JEANS!
ReplyDeleteWhenever we have a field trip, we purposely schedule it on any other day than Friday...just so we can work in an extra jeans day.
I asked my kids if they thought my clothes affected my ability to teach. My cherubs are on my side! They like me in my jeans!
On another topic, I went shopping yesterday and bought a pair of black velvet JEANS. I'm wearing those bad boys on MONDAY! *shaking my ass*
buddah girl: How teachers are "allowed" to dress is a big topic of conversation @Casa de Pissy...what w/ Penguin teaching first grade, Sweet Man teaching college and last semester, Little P teaching 2 classes at the university she and Penguin graduated from. Every school/college/university has a different standard. All stupid in one way or another....
ReplyDeleteI just don't see how you dress affects your quality of teaching. they always bring that "professional" looking bullshit into it...Whatever! Sweet Man taught one summer wearing shorts everyday~until they told him he couldn't anymore. He still won't wear a tie. He's such a rebel! :)
You WORK those black velvet jeans on Monday!!!! :)
Yeah, I frequently wonder how much dress has to do with your ability to perform your job...
ReplyDeleteRocky has a great idea! You can plan ahead like that, BP!
So sorry Sunny and Buddha girl! I guess I'm just lucky in that we can wear jeans every friday as long as they are decent (no holes, fraying, etc) and they are accompanied by our School Spirit Shirt. It's really ridiculous that teachers CAN"T wear jeans. As much as we are on the floor, dealing with glue, paint, permanent markers, snot, and all that other 'teacher' stuff! Do they want to pay my dry cleaning bill!?!?! Gosh, i could go on for DAYS about this!!!
City: I'm tell ya, all you teachers need to band together and get a better union or something. It's just stupid how dressed up they expect y'all to be. Like an elementary school kid is going to respond better to someone not wearing jeans...
ReplyDeleteI know. I kinda think teachers (especiallly elementary) should wear scrubs. Talk about comfortable! And an easy wardrobe decision when you have to get up so early that you get dressed in the dark!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like teachers should be wearing those self-contained hazmat suits!
ReplyDeleteMy bro can wear jeans every day at his school-then again, it's a charter school in northern California filled with the offspring of old hippies and outlaws, so when it came down to the administration giving in on jeans or granting hazard pay, the jeans one unanimously.
Won, I mean
ReplyDeleteHow dare that new judge! You're gonna have to set him straight on the rules in the land of Pissy! LOL
ReplyDeleteSTINKS that you couldn't wear jeans like everyone else!
My Mom didn't do that job her entire career. She just did it at the end.
ReplyDeleteShe's much happier watching Food Network all day. :)