Monday, January 23, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

As I was walking out the door to leave for work this morning, I told Sweet Man I envied him.

He enjoys his work.

I'm sick of mine.

Then today~ first thing this morning, actually~something happened that made me so happy!

I found out that one of our deadbeats had been arrested. I found out because some people came to my office to pay the money to get her out of jail.

Yes.

HER.

We have women who are deadbeats...just like men. It's a little unusual in this part of the country. Down here more women are the custodial parent. But we do have some female non-custodial parents as well.

This particular woman is a real trip. Around 27 years olds, blonde, pretty. But an ATTITUDE like I've never seen before. I've been doing this for 12 years. I've seen alot. She's by far the worst female non-custodial parent I've ever dealt with

This woman has managed to insult, anger or enrage everyone in the system who has come into contact with her:...... assistant district attorneys, judical assistants, clerk's office employees, sheriff's office clerks, DHR workers, Unit, me..... she's managed to piss all of us off at one time or another with her sorry-ass attitude. And let me tell ya, it takes a special breed of bitch to piss all of us off. Think about it....that's a lot of different personalities~.all of which she's managed to rub the wrong way.

We were in court with this woman in October. She signed an agreement that day in court in order to avoid jail time . Understood exactly what she was signing. Terms were those that she felt were fair to her. She was in contempt at that time. We only agreed not to send her to jail that day because she agreed to terms. Actually, I wanted to send her to jail that day. Heartless bitch hadn't paid a dime since the previous MAY! That's 5 months, people!

Did she abide by the agreement? Of course not. She has paid -0-, zip, nada~ since that October day when she sat in the conference room of Judge's chambers and cried.....

I guess you can tell I hold women to a higher standard than men when it comes to child support.

Don't get me wrong. I'll send alllllllll their asses to jail if they don't pay. I think it's only fair.

But a woman? I expect more from women. I can't fathom giving birth to a child and then walking away.....yet going on to have more children with someone else and not abandoning those kids. That's what this chick did...

How do you pick and choose?

I realize there are situations where the child is better off with someone else. That is certainly the case here. But the child still deserves to be supported by both parents.

Call me hard-hearted. Call me mean. Call me a bitch.

But it's the little victories like this that keep me going.....

25 comments:

  1. excellent, it's nice to know that deadbeats no matter what the flavor can be held accountable...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that this made your day. She so doesn't deserve her child but she the child deserves the money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a toughie for me. You see the fucking adult idiots. I work with their cast-off kids. If I ever have the luck of meeting Blondie, I'll bitch slap her for you.

    Before they let her slack ass out of jail, I think she should be sterilized. Call me a right-winger (not exactly true), call me a bitch (duh), call me whatever you like. She should lose the ability to continue heaping shit on innocent kids.

    The kids I've taught who have "parents" like this nitwit are scarred for life. You never get over the knowledge that someone who mothered/fathered you doesn't give two shits about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad you couldn't have made sure she ended up in a cell with Big Bertha ;) And I agree with Buddha girl.. some people should never be allowed to have children... Thanks God someone was smart enough to make sure she didn't get custody. It sucks for the child, but sounds like being around her for even 5 minutes would have been worse. If you get a chance, trip her in the aisle for me on her way to the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. people like that make me sick! It just really gets to me how people can take the life of a child, their child especially, so lightly. 'oh, yeah, I gave birth once. i gotta kid out there somewhere. guess he's ok."

    How can you leave!?! How can you let go!!! There are so many people out there that would make AMAZING parents and they can't have kids and are on endless lists for adoption and are scraping together 25,000 to adopt a baby from china or something, then there are these people, who seem to get pregnant at the drop of their pants, who don't give 2 flips about their kids! AGH!!!!

    Sorry for the rant. Glad you got her, pissy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry: it made my day...

    Thanks!

    Sunny: thanks~and I agree. This child is so much better off w/ her dad and step-mom...

    Buddha Girl: Believe me: if I could sterilize (or at least recommend them for it) she'd be at the top of the list.

    well, right after the woman I have to deal with you has TEN kids w/ 4 different men...

    and now one of her daughter's has a case too...

    as you can see~this shit never ends...

    t: I'd put her in a cell w/ BG only if BG had all her shots first!

    and if I tripped the chick, as I would have like to~she'd probably sue me or something. The things these people come up with...

    City: After all these years, you know how these people are....

    I agree with everything you said, of course. I see it all the time and it still makes me angry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. I will never cease to be amazed by the dregs of the earth. My daughters sperm donor (because I refuse to call him her father) hasn't paid child support in 19 years. Know what? Im happy about that. I wanted nothing from him starting from the day he told me to have an abortion. From that moment on, I knew it was just me and my baby. That's the way it stayed. Now, the fat bastard is turning 40, lost both his parents...and after 19 years, he is trying to reach out to her.

    My daughter told him it will cost him $20,000 to get back into her life...and she was willing to take it in payments.

    Definately my daughter. *L*

    Glad you had your moment, Pissy One. You deserve more days like that...and so do those poor kids.

    CP

    ReplyDelete
  8. cp (cb!): I like the way your daughter thinks! You obiviously raised her right~hahaha!!Although I think she's letting him off cheap~ it should take more than $20,000.00 and if she's willing to let him off for that~it should be in no less than 4 lump sum payments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. KD:Ahhhh yes, one of the things I miss about being a caseworker! That absolutely GLORIOUS feeling I got when one of the deadbeats was sent to jail!!! We NEED people like us in the child support field. Its a job requirement don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. t cole: I try! :)

    kd: it's one of the few things about this job I still enjoy!!! :) I know YOU know what I mean~ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never ever understand how a woman cannot love and care for any child she bares. Unfathomable! I'm glad she's in jail. I hope she stays for a long time. Then I hope she repays every single cent she owes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of a female deadbeat. That's lowest of the lows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder what Ray Nagin would have to say about deadbeat parents....
    (being that ray nagin is the sum of all wisdom)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing angers me more than the neglect and/or abuse of children. I even did a paper on it when I was working on my Master's. I'm glad you guys got this woman and locked her ass away. IMO, the key should be lost, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. there are good biatches and bad biatches, I think you are a GOOD BIATCH!
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  16. kc: unfortunetly she was released from jail for $1400.00... that was the purge amt set by the Judge. If it were up to me~she'd remain there on work release!

    phoenix: sadly, there are women deadbeats too. I know it's hard to believe...

    de: Ray would base his opinion on what kind of chocolate the deadbeat was: white or dark...

    Bruce: me too!

    NW Girl: I know!

    Top Cate: haha!!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this woman soundslike an out and out bitch.
    Although in some cases fathers can make just a good job of bring up the kids.Each situation is different.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Pixie...I really can't begin to tell you how big a bitch this woman was.... and to be so young! It usually takes a lot of years to build up all that bitchiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We see quite a few deadbeat moms in the ED too. It's so depressing.

    I cannot imagine what these people must be thinking.

    Good Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  20. how can someone not pay child support for 19 years -- I had a parking ticket from a county (I parked at the end of an aisle in one of their lots by a courthouse, they were not happy) -- they wanted their money and they wanted it now and they gave the clear impression that my life would be a living hell until I gave it to them!!

    here's a question for you -- I have a friend whose mother refused child support payments (18 years worth) -- her son is very bitter about it, he thinks she should have taken the money and put it in the bank to pay for his college -- who's right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. kb: it is depressing. That(& a few other reasons) are why I won't be doing this much longer....

    Jim: I would have to know more about your friend's situation to really give you an informed answer. I will say, however, that many women are angry and bitter at the man. They don't want the man to have any say regarding the child, so if they refuse cs the man has no say. (especially if paternity was never established)
    We have women who want to "forgive" cs arrears. Not have the man pay it back. These women have to close their case with us. The State cannot be a party to bargaining away the cs due a child.
    My opinion is that every child has a right to be supported by BOTH parents. Regardless of what either parent thinks. That's why we have laws in place to protect the rights of the children. But if the mother CHOOSES not to seek cs....nothing we can do...
    Sorry. Probably wayyyyy more than you wanted to know. I get a little carried away sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. big P -- the father acknowledged paternity and is listed on the birth certificate -- they were not married and only dated, he proposed but she refused, my friend was actually raised by his grandparents because his mother was too busy yet she would not let the father have any contact -- mother's side: lower middle class; father's side: upper middle class -- he was willing and able to pay -- she went on to have two more children with different fathers ("white trash" does come to mind) -- the child support that was offered with interest would have been over $500K by the time my friend was 18, you can understand why he is bitter

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jim: I certainly can understand!

    I don't know what state your friend lives in, but here in Alabama, his grandparents could have accepted cs for the child since he resided with them. Even if the "mother" didn't want it. Here the grandparents could have filed a "Petition for Support" and an order would have issued for the father to pay support to them for the care and maintenence of the child.

    Seems to me that since the father was willing to pay, he would/could have made some sort of arrangements to set aside the $ for your friend and then presented it to him when he was of the age of majority. or paid his college tuition, etc with the $...

    What a shame for your friend...

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!