Yesterday's post made me realize how lazy I've been and got me to thinking about all the stuff
I should be doing....nothing I want to do....just need to do....
know what I mean?
I should be doing....nothing I want to do....just need to do....
know what I mean?
I ended up washing and drying all 31 pieces of crystal stemware by hand
as well as the other crystal pieces...
so of course I decided that I should clean out all the cabinets that hold dishes...
Apparently I've just been shoving things in cabinets for years....

and Christmas mugs and candles?
(I have no idea where that gold candle came from....
I threw it away....)
and Margarita glasses and lime colored Cinco de Mayo candles?
I did unearth some fun stuff though....Like GaBelle's first "big girl" cocoa mug....
and a Peter Rabbit plate that hung on the wall ofLittle Pissy's nursery ....
These are some of the dishes I ended up donating....




I love the OCD. I cleaned out two closets and thought about renting a dumpster. I can appreciate the instinct to dedicate yourself entirely to washing 31 pieces of stemware.
ReplyDeleteFrankly, I think it's auspicious.
You did such a great job. We just cleaned out the freezer. That was gross!!!
ReplyDeleteYou put me to shame I have done zilch today! Well I did empty the dishwasher...
ReplyDeleteYou've been a busy girl! I understand....where does that stuff come from!? My cabinets are the same way.
ReplyDeleteHey, I posted a pic of something at my place just for you....come see! ;)
I have Easter, halloween and christmas cups in my cabinets.
ReplyDeleteLove your cyrstal.
And theres nothing like a job well done to be proud of, Of course I say that now but when I start going threw my stuff and packing to move I will be singing a different tune LOL.
ReplyDeleteHeyyy,
We have some of the same kitchen-ware!
I'll give you the address/directions if you'd like. My email is my name that begins with 's' at hotmail.
ReplyDeletehippo: Really? What?
ReplyDeletecynical girl: Thanks! I think.... ;-)
ReplyDeletesunny: Thanks! I probably need to clean out my freezer too! yea :(
pixie: heh! believe me: most days I do nothing!!
shpprgrl: yeah, I was. I was going to clean out some more today and my husband was like: NO!
Guess I got a little cranky yesterday! ;-)
I wonder where the stuff comes from too! Half the time, I don't remember putting it in there!
I'm off to visit you!
lori: I'm glad to hear somebody else has stuff like that in their cabinets. :)
I love my crystal too! I bought it in Germany back in the '80's. We should use it more than we do.
Ugh! Moving sucks! But at least you're going somewhere fun! :)
You go Pissy! I need to clean my apartment this weekend...I will gladly do something more productive like shop and go see GaBelle's new house though he he
ReplyDeleteGlad you became productive. Cleaning your house atleast keeps you out of the heat.
ReplyDeleteI love your Halloween stuff! I do a little clean in the evenings but sometimes I go a bit nuts and start pulling things out and just cleaning everything!
ReplyDeleteIts easy to let it get out of hand. When we put the house ofr sale, I had ot go through all our closets and cabinets to remove the clutter. it took me two weeks!
ReplyDeleteI have holiday stuff back there too, this place "blogland" does suck the life out sometimes.
ReplyDeleteOne good thing about tiny navy housing is I am always forced to go through stuff to make room for things. There is no way I would have something in my tiny house I could not see or forgot about.
ReplyDeleteI have that exact christmas mug. The red one with the green tree.
ReplyDeleteI would have taken those canisters of your hands. They are very cute.
OK, you've done enough work for one month. Take a break ;)
I am tired just hearing about all that! And now I feel guilty as I think of my own overflowing and dusty cabinets back home... sigh...
ReplyDeleteOK--those canisters are heinous!
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly what I did yesterday. Weird! I was surprised at the crap I've accumulated too. Need to have one big ass yard sale!
ReplyDeleteI have Christmas mugs in a box somewhere around here. I'll have to dig them out. I wish I had some Halloween mugs since that's my favorite holiday.
ReplyDeleteMy cabinets haven't had time to get messy yet since we've only been here a couple months. Ask me again next year this time and I'll bet I have plenty of stuff to dig out and get rid of.
shpprgrl: I want the address, etc., but I'm confused as to what your email address is....help!
ReplyDeletepeachie: nah! don't clean! go visit GaBelle! :)
pud: you are so right!
samantha: isn't it funny how cleaning one thing leads to cleaning the whole house!!!
katt: I know we're gonna move in a few years. I figure if I start now, maybe I'll be finished in three years!
jmeped: I know. I'm obsessed!
mimi: I remember Army housing. We had some decent sized houses, but I'd still get rid of tons of stuff everytime we PCS'd. Weight allowance, etc. :)
nonny: Wish I'd known you'd have taken the canisters. I'd have mailed them to you. I'm sure my friends that gave them to me as a group gift paid too much $ for them... :(
and I will probably do nothing all weekend.
I'm pretty good at that! ;-)
e: I really was disgusted with how dirty some of the cabinets were....you know....the ones you never go in...like over the stove and the fridge...it was gross!
justin: they were a gift! I have a collection of blue/white porcelin and I guess they thought those canisters would fit right in...
I don't use canisters.
neverenough: I had plenty of stuff for a yard sale. But I'll never have another one as long as I live here in Hell. If you have .25 cents on something, people want it for .10 cents! That's why I just donate!
ReplyDeletekc: I got the Halloween mugs on sale right before the actual holiday. I also have plates. TJMaxx!
I have a strange obsession with pasta holders. That bottom one is way cool.
ReplyDeleteI know that it is a strange obsession. But I do not know of any twelve step program for the problem.
sorry about being confusing. i always try not to post it because of spammers. look at my place, it's on my profile now for you. :)
ReplyDeleteHealth department and Hazmet will be there on Wednesday.LOL
ReplyDeleteThe mug and plate are soo cute!
tc
fuzz: Really? Pasta holders? That is a weird one! ;-)
ReplyDeleteshpprgrl: got'cha!
top cat: Oh, please don't call 'em on me! heh!
It was so fun to see the plate and mug again....I'd forgotten about them!
i was going to clean out my 'room' which has boxes of books, boxes of frames, computers, just a mess...like i said..was going to clean it..but the korean family living in there asked me to hold off...they were just getting comfy..
ReplyDeleteyd granny: heh heh! You crack me up! *LOL*
ReplyDeleteHey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
ReplyDeleteI have a mugs site. It pretty much covers mugs related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)