I'll take some tomatoes! How much do you think it would cost to ship them up here? I'm assuming freight shipping would be cheaper than driving down to get them at this point.
Bring them to me. Nobody ever grows anything fresh here, it's because the ground is made of rock and it's so dry I can barely keep my houseplants alive.
ohhhh, 'maters...my garden just flopped this year.the tomato plants had everything but tomatoes and my pepper plant gave birth to one tiny wrinkled up little jalopena, farted and died....great, great garden..lucky you..and ya, you can send some of them down to texas...
*clapping hands* Mine are ripening each day! I have a yellow tomato that's almost ready to be picked and was able to pick enough beans yesterday to CAN some. How great is that?
For starters....just call me "Pissy". The "Big" is just to distinguish me from my youngest daughter who is basically a 28 year old smarter, prettier version of me. Ok then....I'm a Southern smart-ass, lets just get that out of the way right now. I've been described as grumpy, opinionated, "pissy" and funny. And that was by people who love me. Imagine what people who hate me say. Bitches....
Nice Blog - I'll have some of those, they look yummy!
ReplyDeleteI want some, they look so yummy! What are you going to make with them?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteNice uh... Tomatoes....
Well that didn't work. =)
I can't even grow flowers. That is amazing that you have such a green thumb.
ReplyDeletePeople are always giving me tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteWell, not giving them to me so much as throwing them at me. But sometimes I can catch one or two.
Mmmm, looking good! What you gonna do with em?
ReplyDeleteRomas please, I had to pay $2.09 lb last night for some.
ReplyDeletenmotb: thanks! they are tasty!
ReplyDeleteerin: I wish I could give all you guys some~we have so many. These are just from this weekend. We gave away an entire basketful Friday!
I'm going to make some Salsa Fresca.
hippo: heh!
pud: Miracle Grow. And the garden is all Sweet Man. I wanted to do it this year, but he loves it so much that he ended up taking it over! :)
mr fab: C'mon! I don't believe that for a minute! ;-)
Samantha: what we don't give away, we use to make salsa, spagetti sauce, etc.... :)
lori: You're kidding! $2.09? I wish I could send you some. I have tons more on the plants!
That's a lotta tomatoes!
ReplyDelete*Jumping up and down, hand raised*...“Chuck some to me....Chuck some to me please Pissy”
ReplyDeleteOuff lovely home grown tomatoes taste the best.
Oh I do. I wish we had a yard to grow things. They look so tasty!
ReplyDeleteI'll take some tomatoes! How much do you think it would cost to ship them up here? I'm assuming freight shipping would be cheaper than driving down to get them at this point.
ReplyDeleteVERY COOL! I love gardening, but I can only do it in big pots. I've never tried vegetables though.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for a BLT sandwich now.
ReplyDeleteGood lookin' 'maters.
ReplyDeleteImpressive Pissy!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! You get visited by creatures and you can grown beautiful veggies. You must be an Earth Mother/Goddess.
ReplyDeleteSo, why are you keeping all the cucumbers?
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
ReplyDeleteUp here in the Great White North, our garden produce won't be ready for over a month.
Did you grow them Pissy? They are beautiful! my tomatoes are only baby ones....but Im so proud of them!
ReplyDeleteBring them to me. Nobody ever grows anything fresh here, it's because the ground is made of rock and it's so dry I can barely keep my houseplants alive.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about getting a cactus.
Oooh. Yumsville! I would love some, but I think it would be cheaper all around if I just went to the store.
ReplyDeleteI am on my way!!
ReplyDeletehey~ thought you were bringing me some when you were up last weekend? What was that giving them all to Little P??? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's ok...I forgive you~~this time!
This is why I can't learn French. Garden should be feminine in my mind....
ReplyDeletefat green worms nearly ate all my basil...what lovely tomatoes you have pissy.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous! I haven't planted a garden this year.
ReplyDeleteI like a nice "big boy" now and again.
ReplyDeleteevery year I try the garden thing and every year I fail. I have produced I edible tomato and a handful of strawberries.
ReplyDeleteNo tomatoes thank you. My mom always gives me plenty from her garden, too many actually.
ReplyDeleteohhhh, 'maters...my garden just flopped this year.the tomato plants had everything but tomatoes and my pepper plant gave birth to one tiny wrinkled up little jalopena, farted and died....great, great garden..lucky you..and ya, you can send some of them down to texas...
ReplyDelete*clapping hands*
ReplyDeleteMine are ripening each day! I have a yellow tomato that's almost ready to be picked and was able to pick enough beans yesterday to CAN some. How great is that?
You go, you green thumb goddess, go!