*I've changed the "outfit" on my avatar, but it refuses to show up correctly on my blog no matter how many times I hit refresh.....
*I've taken my IBS medicine and am sitting here waiting for it to take effect so that I can go to Wal-Mart. Because as much fun as going to Wal-Mart is~ it's even MORE fun when you're running to the bathroom with diarrhea.....
*I'm getting my first paycheck from the lab this week and have already spent half of it.
Why does that not surprise me?
*"Days of Ours Lives" was lame today.....
*I watched the new show "What About Brian?" last night and really liked it.
I know I don't need another show to watch, but I just couldn't help myself.
*I never went to the pool this weekend. I ended up laying on the couch in my favorite summer pajamas all day yesterday watching movies.
*Has anybody seen the movie "Junebug"? I know it won awards and critical acclaim and shit, but it seemed a little slow to me. I will say that Amy Adams kicked ass in her role as "Ashley" and deserved all the kudos she received.
*Because I haven't been to the pool, I'm resorting to the tanning bed to get a little "color" before my Cinco de Mayo party and all the other stuff coming up the first part of May.
Don't laugh. Just because I'm Latina doesn't mean I don't like to get darker. In the famous words of a former friend of mine :
"Tan fat looks better than white fat."

*Below are some pictures of the floor now that it's been sanded. Also just for fun, is a picture of my living room with all the junk in it from the now empty guest room. Quarter-round still has to be added before the stain is put down. Oh, and I get to wash the walls too.
Yea, me!
Yea, me!


*I'm going to meet "C" at the park today to walk. I think she's tried of hearing me bitch about how fat I am. I weighed myself today and I'm only 3 pounds away from the heaviest I've ever been..... It should bother me more than it does.

Not jealous of you right now, buddy! Looks like you have your work cut out! :(
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I found a place where you can
ReplyDeletemake some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money
Make sure you hit that secret shopper link...lol
ReplyDeleteThe floor is going to look good when you get it done.
First, your floors look great! I am really jealous! I TiVo'd "What About Brian" and have heard it was good. I can't wait to watch it tonight!
ReplyDeleteAnd I know you told me to hit the tanning salon but I worked in the garden all day yesterday in the sun so I now am one shade from "pasty white." I'm now pasty white with a pink hue. I'm so jealous of your coloring. I'd give my right arm for it!
lil p: yeah....*sigh*....only good thing is it'll be DONE instead of hanging over my head!
ReplyDeletemike: oh, yeah! I'll all over that secret shopper link heh!
The floor is gonna look great~and I've been wanting to do it for a long time...so it'll be worth it!
e: Did you know that another episode of "What About Brian" is on again tonight? TiVo it too!
"Pasty white with a pink hue" is better than just pasty white, isn't it? ;-) Our coloring is cool most of the time, but I feel a little pasty myself right now. :)
I love hardwood floors. I know it's a pain right now, but it will so totally be worth it, later on. Wear your battle scars with pride.
ReplyDeleteI love your friend. Tan fat is much more appealing, definately. My thighs will tell you so.
Your floors are looking very nice. I luv hardwood floors.
ReplyDeleteLuved it tan fat is better than white fat. That is my moto :)
Sweet floors! I just stained my outside cedar deck today and it's looking awesome.
ReplyDeleteI saw Junebug and it was waaay to damn slow for me too but worth the watching because of the great characters and a few select scenes like when that guy is messing with the videocassette.
I watched What About B too... cute!
ReplyDeleteFloors look GREAT! Did you sand them yourself?!?!
fridaysweb: I love hardwood floors too. That's why I've ripped all the carpet out in the house except for this room. It looks so much better already!
ReplyDeleteI'm all about some tan fat~believe me!
thanks for stopping by! :)
beadlinggal: Thanks! I love the "tan fat" thing too! I need it on a t-shirt! ;-)
monk: how's the hot tub coming along? Can't wait to see pics!
Yeah Junebug was slow! There was some terrific acting, but *yawn* ;-)
nowhere girl: "Brian" is coming on again tonight! I didn't sand the floors~ Sweet Man did. He's a professional at this point~he's done so many!
Ahhhh...just how you wanted to spend your retirement....by staining the floors!
ReplyDeleteI have IBS too. It so sucks. My stomach is bloated all the time. Sometimes I look 4 months pregnant by the end of the day and my tummy is nice and flat when I wake up.
ReplyDeleteWhat meds do you take? Any tips??
pud: it's turning out that way! But this is stuff we feel like we have to do to be able to make the most $ when we sell the house in a year and a half!
ReplyDeletechelsea's mama: I have IBS with the big "D". Is your's with that or constipation? I have around 5 different meds that I take depending on the severity of the "episode" :(
Hey Pissy! Long time no comment...sorry! The computer doesn't like your blog page! LOL I will have to read up....sounds like we have a new show to talk about with What About Brian! Love it! AND I love the floors! Bless you for taking on such a project like that! Good luck with it!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing all those lovely IBS insights.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed What about Brian too and am watching it tonight. Of course I love Matthew Davis, so watching this wasn't hard AND it's produced by JJ Abrams -- so really in the end, I had no choice but to watch!
ReplyDeleteYour floors are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIsnt' it a good day when you can just stay in your pajamas all day? I need a day like that.
peachie: Heh! Yeah, blogger has been so weird lately! I'm not suprised we have a new show in common~ we like alot of the same ones already! :)
ReplyDeletehot lips: I consider it a public service to keep y'all informed....
shelly: I know! JJ Abrams is the best! And didn't you love Amy Jo Johnson from Felicity being on the show?!?!?
signgurl: Thanks!
I try to spend as much time as possible in pajamas! I have an entire wardrobe of them! :)
But Pissy, there is just more of you to love!
ReplyDeletePlease don't hit me.
Mr. Fab: heh! Oh, I won't hit you, I'll just let Mr. Buster bite you on the ankle when he meets you! ;-)
ReplyDeletePASTY WHITE IS HOT
ReplyDeletei mean i got all of sweet man's genes so what can I do...
I'm jealous of the hardwood floors, though. I hear they are a bitch to take care of as a homeowner, but as a mere renter I would take them over carpet any day.
de: yeah, y'all ARE some white folks!
ReplyDeleteHardwood floors aren't too bad to care for...it's GETTING them to the point of them looking good that's hard!
if you start out with new ones....or have someone re-finish them for you... not so bad!