I went to a new nail salon here in hell. It's only been open 3 weeks so I was able to walk right in with no appointment, and attach my ass to one of those pedicure "thrones".

God I love those things.
And no, it does not bother me one tiny bit to have a strange Vietnamese man who speaks little-to-no English be intimate with my feet.
I don't give a shit what language you're bitching at your co-workers in if you're willing to pay special attention to my ashy-haven't-had-a -pedi-since February-feet.
As long as the "technician" speaks the "language of pedicures"~it's all good.
So I'm feeling that "after the mani-pedi glow" you know the one.....all relaxed and mellow....
and what do I do to spoil it?
Right.
I go to Wal-mart.
Apparently, my fellow Wal-Mart shoppers do not understand the concept of "10 items or less".
Good God, people!
They even have it posted "En Espanol"!
And in pictures for those unfortunates who are unable to read!
I was only there because I'm going out of town tomorrow and I wanted to pick up some travel-size toiletries.
And some chocolate.
You know you have to top off a mani-pedi with chocolate.
Or at least I do.
Anyway, I'm in the 10 items or less line for freakin' ever.
It's finally my turn.
There is no chocolate in this aisle!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
No way was I gonna get out of line to get chocolate. No matter how much I wanted it.
I'd suffered enough!
As I was walking dejectedly out of the store with my 10 items....but no chocolate......

I remembered this was in my purse.
My emergency stash of chocolate.
C'mon.
You know you have one too....
*big chocolate-covered sigh of relief*
Now my day was complete!

I like to smear chocolate ON my toes. That way when I need a fix I can always suck on them.
ReplyDeleteTMI?
Ooooooohhhhhh....flexibility!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteand there is no such thing as TMI in my world!
I avoid those Vietnamese places if at all possible. And it's TOTALLY the bitching to their coworker thing?! he he
ReplyDeletehey your feet look like Buddha girls and Old hippie chick's!
ReplyDeleteWhat up wit dat?
It's all good tho.:)
tc
half the blogs i read are about pedicures
ReplyDeleteis it spreading, or is it just the time of year
or do people get more pedicures than i'm aware of?
either way, i'm glad it was good for you
Ahhh a pedicure. Nice. Of course I have an emergency stash of chocolate! I think it is part of our female genetic make-up to have to.
ReplyDeletenowhere girl: unfortunately, here in hell, the Vietnamese places are all we have with the exception of the one spa which is impossible to get into! :(
ReplyDeletetop cat: triplets!!! ;-)
cadbury: it's the time of year~sandal season! :)
pud: I knew I couldn't be the only one! ;-)
Welllll, I don't eat chocolate, but I certainly imbibe in GOOD DAMN pedicures! I'm addicted.
ReplyDeleteMy guy is half Vietnamese and half American...definitely a GI baby. And I ADORE him.
I've got another week before I go again. This time of year, it's twice a month unless I've completely destroyed my toes gardening.
Good woman! Glad you enjoyed!
buddha girl: You don't eat chocolate? Wow! I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to start having a pedi at least once a month now that this place opened up.
It's great! :)
)-: I've never had a pedicure :-(
ReplyDeleteI have never had one either but I always always and I mean always have a stash of chocolate LOL.
ReplyDeleteWhat chocolate is your favorite?
Do you ever just get so pissed off that you want to shoplift something? Anything? Just to fuck with them.
ReplyDeleteOh, nooooooo, I don't either.
Oooh. I did the mani/pedi thing today too. Lawd, it was so wonderful. My feet are soooo dry. And my poor knee was so in need of rubbing and loving and leg massaging. I still can't stretch down to my legs to do my toesies yet, so the hotband shaved my legs for me last night...and um, my...er, bikini stuff. It was wonderful. Ahhhhhhh. I am such a pampered little Jew girl.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I had chocolate cheesecake when I was done.
Look, he's in mourning. But me? No. A girl has to prioritize. Dead is dead, but a pedicure is forever. *L*
Okay, I didn't mean that.
okay, yeah i did. *snicker*
Snicker? Ooh! More chocolate! Eek!
CP.
I eat regular M&Ms everyday at work. I consume about 2lbs/week. Honostly there is nothing like putting two or three m&ms in your mouth followed by a swig of coffee. Mmmmmmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteThe guest room looks great btw.
Must be nice...I literally can't afford to put gas in my car....
ReplyDeleteIt's time for a pedi for me, too! My person is Vietnamese and so friendly and sweet until she starts yelling at co-workers. I don't know what she's saying, but it certainly doesn't sound nice.
ReplyDeleteI try to keep chocolate in my purse, but I'm not always good about replacing what I've eaten. However, I always have spearmint gum. I will actually go out of my way to go to the store and buy more if I'm down to one stick.
Tootsie rolls are my get away chocolate!
ReplyDeleteHere you have Vietnamese and southern bells that look like Dolly Parten. I am not sure which scare me more.
LMAO! I've never had a pedicure. OR a mani, for that matter. I'm in desperate need, though...
ReplyDeleteI was at the grocery the other day when a woman got "in my space" just so she could grab a bag of peanut m&ms. She apologized for "getting in my space," saying she just HAD to have them. I said I understood and we both had a good giggle. I wound up getting a bag, myself. Darn impulse buying!
oh how I hate Satan's 5 and Dime...
ReplyDeleteI just had the mani-pedi treatment myself! It was Saturday, and I went to WalMart afterwards too--but I didn't have any problems there--which if I had been thinking--should have prompted me to buy a f'ing lottery ticket because I believe it was the FIRST time I got through the place WITHOUT a hitch!
ReplyDeleteWhew--that one ran me out of breath!
Anyway--glad to see you pampering yourself sis.
I'm back--come see me! ;-)
Was the chocolate all gooey and melted? MMMM...that's my favorite.
ReplyDeleteI've heard those Vietnamese-owned nail salons are notorious for "nail technicians" talking about their customers right in front of them. Makes you want to learn Vietnamese just for that.
mr. fab - tmi, yes.
ReplyDeletechocolate - always a priority.
btw, i need your snail mail addy. hubby and i bought you something. it's for tuesdays. email me please.
tcole
signgurl: Get one! Get one now! :)
ReplyDeletelori: go with sign gurl! heh!
I love most kinds~but my go to favorite is usually Hersey bar with almonds.... ;-)
cynical girl: heh! No. I'l know too many people at the jail!
cp: manis, pedis, chocolate cheesecake, hotband attending to your "needs"....you musta been in heaven, girl! *LMAO*
nonny: regular m & ms are my 2nd go to fave~with a coke w/ lotsa ice! ;-)
Thanks!
kc: I know what yo mean~they're probably talking about us! ;-)
Spearmint gum? I'm Juicy Fruit!
Bruce: I'm sorry! :(
Lady K: go with Sign Gurl and Lort to get one! ;-)
and....heh~ at least your peanut m& m lady apologized! ;-)
justin: I KNOW!
kb: for REAL on that lottery ticket!
...and YEA! You're BACK! :)
Phoenix: nah~ I don't like melted, gooey chocolate! Sometimes I put mine in the fridge!
...and I do think they're probably talking about the customers....
I need to learn how to say "Stop talking about me!" in Vietnamese! ;-)
cole: I knew you'd understand!
addy is on the way!