Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've been telling y'all I was blind.....

I went to the library today to see if they had this book available.

They only had it in the large print edition.

So I'm like~what the hell~it's in~who cares if it's the edition for the almost legally blind.

It even has a short foreword from the "National Association for the Visually Handicapped"...which says in part

....."the only national agency solely devoted to those who, although not totallly blind....."








The kicker is: I still have to wear my glasses to be able to read the damn thing!!!!!

Maybe now y'all will believe me.....

20 comments:

  1. i hear ya

    i have been screwing with my font settings for months now because i have problems reading my computer when i'm tired

    i've been sloughing the hassle of going to get a new pair of glasses (old ones are too weak, scratched and out of style)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!!! is that hereditary!!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cadbury: heh! yeah, when I've been on too long~even wearing glasses (which I always do) I get really bad headaches!

    Go get'cha some new ones!

    citypenguin: I hope not~ for your and Lil P's sake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could wear contacts, but I stick with my glasses because the frames hide the dark circles under my eyes. So, not only do they help me to see, they help me look better as well. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! I'm sorry I'm laughing but you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get me some of that laser eye surgery. As soon as I find a couple of thousand dollars laying around...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haaaaaa! That's classic! Get some glasses, Pissy! They make all sorts of sassy frames these days. I'm thinking....PINK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bruce: wow! I feel stupid even complaining about this now!

    kc: I can't stand to put anything in my eyes...plus the doctor has said I can't wait contacts, soooooo....

    signgurl: heh! might as well laugh, right? :)

    de: you have that surgery! You're young. the doctor also told me that wouldn't work for me either :(

    top cat: getting old is no fun, is it?!?!?

    buddha girl: I've BEEN wearing glasses!!! For at least 10 years now! Thought you knew that! That's what sucks so bad about this~I thought maybe I wouldn't need 'em since this print is so big. Uh, no! Still need 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm sorry honey. But your still damn sexy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cripes! You WEAR glasses????? Pissy! What in the hell? I have no words. *giggling*

    ReplyDelete
  11. buddha girl: why do you think the "girl" on my blog wears those black glasses?!?!? They're just like mine and I had the designer add them! :)

    hot lips: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully it'll be easier to read, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. don't feel stupid, dear; I've been wearing glasses for 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read some stuff by him before. Let me know if that one is any good, and I'll pick it up.

    Regular print edition for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. phoenix: oh, it really is! It's like: WOW! I can SEE! ;-)

    bruce: thanks for that. But I still hate it for you....50 years? Damn! :(

    mr. Fab: I've read a couple of his books before myself. This one is good so far.

    I'll let you know when I finish.

    Show-off! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha ha ha...

    I get books in large print a lot.

    The closest library to me has an unusually large large print section. I don't go there often because I usually get my books from the library where I work, but sometimes I do, and I get large print.

    I like the large print better really...which is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  17. molly: I've gotten books in large print before, but it had been awhile.

    I'm not proud~if I want to read it and they only have it in large print~OK!

    heh!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!