I thought the state of the world was bad.....what with global warming, the price of gasoline, Wal-Mart being the only store in this Southern Hell hole I live in, Madonna being 40 freakin' 7 years old and still performing on stage in a leotard (I don't care how good she looks, that shit's just wrong), the whole "TomRat" extravaganza...y'all know what I mean.....Then I read in the newspaper today that Mick Jagger has filmed scenes for an ABC comedy pilot.
Mick. Jagger. In. A. Sitcom.
How many times can I say "Ay Dios Mio!!!!!"?!?!?!?
This is just wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.
So I won't.
I'm too distressed.
I've gotta go lay down now.
Y'all tell me what you think.

Hello there
ReplyDeleteSaw you on another blog i visited thought your name was cool so here I am. Mick Jagger on tv. what is this world coming too?!? I agree dios mio is right.
That caricature says it all, Pissy.
ReplyDeleteIf this 'sitcom' comes to fruition, ABC will have to show it with subtitles. Can ANYONE understand Mick when he's NOT singing? I would venture to say no.
you know in movies like RoboCop where they would satirize televisionin the future and they would have things like, oh, Mick Jagger starring in a lame sitcom...?
ReplyDeleteand Jagger would do it because it was such an outrageous idea that he and everyone else would think it was funny and it would make a statement or social comment on pop culture
you know, like in in the Stallone film Demolition Man, there is reference made to the Arnold Schwarzenegger Presidential Library,
you know
that satire thing...
Doesn't sound right to me either... This is the first I've heard of it.
ReplyDeleteSay it isnt so....
ReplyDeleteI heard about this. It was supposed to be Jeff Goldblume (goldbloom? - see, he's so insignificant i don't even know how to spell his name) at first but for whatever reason, they are robbing jagger instead.
ReplyDeletewho cares.
phats: hey! That's what I thought about Mick Jagger on tv too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by. Glad you like my name! ;-)
buddha girl: It does, doesn't it!
Sweet Man said the exact thing you did about not being able to understand him when he's not singing!
cadbury: I appreciate your well thought out comment. Good points.
and while I understand satire.....
Mick Jagger?!?!?
sherry: isn't it just a stupid idea?
lori: I wish I could.....
hot lips: I care.
The very idea is insulting to viewers, in my opinion. But then...so is a lot of tv these days.
Mick needs to take his ass to the house. How much freakin' $ does one old English dude need?
You are right. The Apocalypse is upon us!
ReplyDeleteThat'll be a night I'll save a lil electricity not watching tv.
ReplyDeleteI'm still stuck on Keith Richards falling out of a palm tree this weekend. Someone needs to tell these guys that it's OKAY to retire.
ReplyDeleteSomeone tell these old dudes it ok to DIE!
ReplyDeleteShut the fuck up. R U Serious?!
ReplyDeleteLOL But look at how Popular Ozzy is not because of his reality show. Strange. And what is it about Mick. he is FUGLY and still gets young goreous models, I am sorry but I would NOT kiss them lips! ewwwww.
ReplyDeleteOh, I can totally see it now. I bet it takes place in a retirment community in Florida and Mick plays the randy English guy that all the old babes hook up with. Miscommunication and hilarity ensues.
ReplyDeleteI smell Emmy!
Let me know what night is going to be on so I can be sure to have the tv off!
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY agree.
ReplyDeleteThose guys need a reality injection!
Keith Richards has been dead for ten years. Whats keeping him alive? Robotics.
ReplyDeleteI saw Mick Jagger in some SNL skits once, he was actually pretty funny.
Oh and if Jeff Goldblum got his own sitcom I would watch it religiously, as he is suprisingly hilarious. Just rent "The Life Aquatic" and see.
sorry - my above comment was a little obtuse
ReplyDeletei was making a reality is stranger than fiction comment (or trying to, anyway)
it used to be we would laugh about hings like a Mick Jagger sitcom, or Arnold as politician
now it's reality...
pud: that was my first thought!
ReplyDeletemike: It looks like that may be a "no t.v." night for several people! ;-)
cory: You are SO right!
signgurl: heh! DIE is a little harsh... they could just kinda quitely fade away..... ;-)
nowhere girl: I wish I was kidding....
mel: I used to watch "The Osbornes"all the time. At least that was him being his weirdo self and not trying to "act"! ;-)
Mick...trying to act....not speaking English clearly..... those lips.....those wrinkles..... EWWWW!!
Nonny: Now...see....I'd watch the show you just described. ;-)
beady: I'll keep ya posted!
tc: :)
de: Did you see Jeff Goldblum on "Will and Grace"? Didn't care for him there, but I usually like him....
Keith Richards has been dead for years and somebody forgot to tell him. That's what I think.
cadbury: Oh, I knew what you meant. Isn't it sad that we find it totally acceptable for Arnold to be a Govenor?
ReplyDelete*shaking my head*
My comment was in reference to Cory's that said it was time for them to retire. Like you said, Keith Richards has been dead for years or at least looked like it.
ReplyDeletewell the stones aren't doing too well in general....keith richards fell out of a palm tree in fiji. probably his drug-addled brain just tuned out. i wanna know--why was he IN the palm tree? hmmm?
ReplyDeletesigngurl: Ohhhhhh...ok. I'm a little slow sometimes. Well, most of the time..... ;-)
ReplyDeletejo-dee: I wondered that very same thing about Keith and the palm tree. You know somebody had to have helped him get up there..... ;-)
I think that I'll never watch ABC again.
ReplyDeleteI dunno, pissy, he WAS brilliant on Saturday Night Live playing Prince Charles fantasizing about being Lady Camilla's tampon. No one does authentic tampon acting like Mick Jagger.
ReplyDeletecynical girl: I know what you mean....
ReplyDeletephlegm: I'd forgotten about the Prince Charles/Camilla's tampon thing!
Genius!
Now....if ABC can manage to work that into the sitcom..... ;-)