Monday, April 24, 2006

Road Trip!

Just got back from my overnight road trip to Gulf Shores.

I went with my friend, "G", who drives a car identical to this one.

We drove the entire way there with the top down.

I used to have a convertible, but you couldn't hear yourself think~ much less carry on a conversation~with the top down.

Not this car, buddy!

We yakked the entire 3 and a half hour drive.

Gotta love that German engineering.

I was there for such a short time, that I only have a few photos to share. G doesn't know about my blog, so I had to be all "spy school" about taking pictures.

I missed some really good photo ops because of this~ but what are ya gonna do, right?

There was a GIANT statue of a chicken on the side of the road in one little town we went through.

Man, I hate that I missed that shot......

Anyhoo.....hope y'all like these!


My freshly manicured white feet!


It was a beautiful day......

absolutely gorgeous.....

and then I saw......








HER....

Ay Dios Mio!!!!

I know I'm overweight.

I'm thinking she probably knows she's overweight.

Why?

Why would she go out in public like this?!?!?!?!

I really felt it was my civic duty to issue a fashion citation on the spot~one chubby chick to another~ but I didn't want to embarrass her in front of her children.

I figured they were already embarrassed enough...





29 comments:

  1. I have a friend who looks like that. It's just that she does not see herself that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you would have gotten the big chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 60: That must be it....can't you do an intervention on your friend?

    You'd be doing her a favor! ;-)

    thanks for stopping by! :)

    justin: I really wanted that picture! Maybe I'll go back on my own and get it!

    hot lips: hummmmmph....no you're not!

    You're just toying with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gulf Shores! I had a good time when I was there a few years ago.

    As for 'ol girl with the weight limit violation on the swimsuit, someone~somewhere told her she looked cute. And she believed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno...maybe a one piece swimming suit would have been more appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that chicken!
    It's in Robertsdale.
    I'll try and take a picture the next time I'm down that way.

    I can't belileve you didn't stop by and pick me up!
    hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice car!

    My goal is get the BMW convertible - the other day I saw some kid roar out of a gas station in one of those and I knew needed one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bigger question is "why would they make a bathing suit like that in her size?" And didn't anyone go shopping with her when she bought it. An HONOST someone who would have said something like "Ya know Bertha, I don't think that suit is flattering for your body type."

    I would hope someone would tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO grateful for that woman! By comparison she makes me look AWESOME in mine!!! Send her up the coast! I do wonder what she's thinking though. How badly do you feel you need a tan on your tummy rolls? I know mine are just fine staying pasty white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pud: Gulf Shores is great! Not crowded yet, either! ;-)

    You're probably right on the bathing suit....whoever told her that was WRONG!!!

    Sherry: heh! I'd love that! Next time I come down that way, I'll stop and pick you up! ;-)

    Mike: At the very least!

    Monk: I really is. I drove it back~pretty cool to drive! :)

    Nonny: I know! And she had it on inside the breakfast room of the Holiday Inn Express we stayed at...with a t-shirt on top that didn't even cover her butt! That's why I followed her out there. I couldn't believe it! :0

    e: I hear ya! ;-)

    I was thinking that about her tummy too! I keep mine covered up~have for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This chubby chick covers all her chubbiness with my swim suit and if I don't have it handy give me shorts and big tshirt.
    I must go on a search for the big cock eerr I mean big chicken heehee :)
    I want to go to the Gulf Shores this year I have heard it is beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. one piece swimsuit is a must at my house. and i go buy the ones at Nordstroms - in the "big girl" dept - with the HUMONGOUS price tag and it is worth every penny. they got more spandex in those puppies than an oversize trampoline. now, if i could find one that covered my thighs too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. beady: I'm the same way! Bathing suit cover-up, t-shirt and shorts, towel~anything rather than look like that! And I'm wearing a one-piece! ;)

    You'll love Gulf Shores!

    cole: I'm right there with ya, girlfriend!

    Hey~If you find a suit at Nordstroms that covers thighs~let me know! I want one them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh pissy, of course I'm not toying with you. You know I am a complete sucker for anything water related.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PISSY!!!!

    ~chuckle~

    You are wicked! ;)

    I said goodbye to bikinis when I shoved two 10 pound kids into my torse. NO one wants to see what's going on beneath this cashmere. Scary!

    I have never been to gulf shores. Jeez, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should have whispered in her ear:
    "Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it."

    I'm a big girl. No way would I EVER even consider wearing such a monstrosity. Egads.

    Every woman's gotta know her limits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That picture is not helping the stomach bug I picked up this weekend. Nope, not one bit.

    -urp-

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you took a couple minutes to check out my SpringBreak 2003 video, right? I'm a chubby girl, but I like to think that I covered it pretty well in those pictures. Black one-piece with a sarong tied at the waist. I cover as much as I can until I have to get in the water. I don't want anyone pointing and laughing at me on the beach.... or in their blogs! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hot lips: suuuuurrrreeee....

    nowhere girl: I know I'm bad! I admittted it from the first!

    two words for this chick:
    "common sense"

    she obiviously has none.....

    buddha girl: exactly! again: common sense! Limits! Mirror!

    limpy: sorry! I should have issued a warning, huh!

    kc: ...and you thought that video would never resurface?!?!? heh! ;)

    I cover up until I'm in the water. I consider it a public service.

    ReplyDelete
  20. my sister lent me her convertable one time

    i thought it would be so cool to drive around on this gorgeous day with the top down

    and then my head got sunburnt...

    and windburnt...

    never thought of that

    a fantasy blunted

    why does that always seem to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice pink toenails ;) as for the woman she must not own any mirrors, I bet she wouldnt wear it again if she seen how looks in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. cadbury: awwwwww..... I'm sorry! :(

    lori: Thanks! :) I always think that about mirrors when I see someone dressed this way...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woman: Good god.

    That car: Suh-wheat. It has a wind scarf, I think, which makes driving with the top down "year round" totally possible. It's a nice ride.

    ReplyDelete
  24. cynical girl: It really is a nice car!

    I was just too imtimated to drive it without G with me.

    I'm just a poor semi-retired college teacher's wife.....

    .....what if something had happened to it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. phlegm: good point about the boy cut legs....that is something to be thankful for.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I knew you were from the south, but didn't realize exactly where until now. I used to live in Citronelle and Gulf Shores was our weekend get away as a kid. My sis still lives down there and was just at the beach a week ago. I really miss being that close!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hot girl: it would be nice to be from that part of the state. There's just NOTHING here in Enterprise..... It's so pretty in Gulf Shores/ Mobile/Pensacola....

    Hope you get to visit your sis a bunch! ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!