Thursday, April 13, 2006

This pissed me off today.....

In my continuing role as a raving lunatic, I began ripping the carpet out of the guestroom today......


This is the nasty-ass shit I've been pulling up all afternoon.

It's slow-going because :
(1) I'm just slow
(2) I'm pissed at myself for even starting this
(3) see #1 and #2







My husband (I'm not calling him Sweet Man today~I think y'all can understand why...) has been at the golf course all day.

He's in for a big treat when he sees the condition of these floors.

This is the worst room yet.....appears to be some water damage on the floor from the window air-conditioner that was here at some point.




Then I get the pleasure of going back all along the edges of the room to remove this shit.

My tools of choice are a flat-head screwdriver and a hammer. I wedge the screwdriver under the strip and hit it with the hammer to dislodge the mess. Then I carefully pry it off the floor~the entire time trying not to stab myself with any of the carpet tacks protruding out of the strip of wood....

Good times.....

Would y'all look at the nails some genius used to put this strip down?!?!?!?!

Well, my "break" is over. Back to knocking the rest of the strips out. Then cleaning up the mess.....shop-vac and moping the room....

I've already decided:

Tomorrow I'm taking my fat ass for a mani-pedi.

Saturday and Sunday I think I'll be taking my fat ass to the pool for some relaxing in the sun.

Enough of this shit!

26 comments:

  1. It will all be worth it if your husband got a good golf score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zen: THANK you! I actually laughed out loud when I read your comment!

    thanks for stopping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh may... You have my sympathy. We are in the middle of so much work here at the house that I want to go with you and get my nails done.
    heeehhhhee
    MEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! That's a lot of work. I hope you let Sweet Man drag all that stuff out to the curb!

    Do you have a pink toolbelt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the best thing is to walk away, regain your composure and then try again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sherry: Thank you~I know you understand since you've got your own work going on...

    c'mon on over to hell and we'll get our nails done together! :)

    kc: you're telling me! Oh, no! I hauled all that crap down to the road myself!

    I don't have one, but I should! :)

    pud: I know you're right, but I think I'm too OCD for that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. city: I hate it too! I just hated that nasty-ass carpet more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GO GO GO PISSYYY!

    Been there, done that... it SUCKS!

    We did 2200 SQ of those effing staples and tacks 3 summers ago. The biggest BIOTCH ever.

    Word of advice: cocktails. Lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When we bought this house, Mr. Cleaver and I removed the living room carpet (turquoise shag) immediately. The pad was so old it had crubmled and we used shovels to scoop it out.

    We found the floor underneath was original to the hosue but had been painted in the 1940's. TWICE. Around a rug. so there's a spot in the middle of the room with beautiful quarter sawn oak, surrounded by painted flooring in different colors.

    But we didn't have any of those enormous nails to deal with, just some tacks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wtf....who pounded those god damn spikes in the floor? That guy needs to be searched out and whipped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nowhere girl: 2200 sq ft?!?!? I don't think I could stand it!

    unfortunately, I don't drink... ;-)

    june: Wow! the things some people do to houses.... I've taken every bit of the carpet up in this house by myself~with the exception of the living room~which City Penguin helped with~and I've never seen the huge nails like this room has had! :(

    jerry: I had those same thoughts today....

    ReplyDelete
  12. A mani and a pedi. Amen, sister!

    Did that make me sound gay?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like quite a project. Think about the payoff - how cool that wood floor will look when it's complete.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BP... please send me some of your anal freak mojo because I can't even find the ketchup in the fridge lately I am so damn disorganized. MISS YOU!!! love ya baby girl- hang in there your almost done! Now just spend the day that sweetman is refinishing the floors at the spa so that karma is all evened out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What are those things? Railroad spikes? You totally deserve that mani/pedi, but won't you chip your polish once you get back to it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think next time you get the urge to do something constructive volunteer to drive the beverage cart at the golf course...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Sweet Man just used up his entire savings in the Favor Bank on that one. hey, I'm building a railroad in my back yard. Can I buy those carpet spikes from you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The jerk who put them nails in there needs to be nailed.
    Go have fun by the pool :)
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and the get well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I feel for you! I ripped up all the carpet on my second floor a couple of months ago and I could barely move my fingers the next day! Two martinis and a bottle of Advil worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Damn...if a tornado came and ripped your house to shreds, at least that strip would still remain nailed to the floor. Geez.

    Your hubby is going to want to run away back to the greens once he sees that crap.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. mr fab: You? sound gay? Never! ;-)

    Monk: Oh, I know.....maybe it's b/c this is the last room to do....

    t: Heh! OCD-ness can be a curse! Believe me! I wish I could just walk away and say~"fuck it!" but I just can't! I'm so glad you've come back~I've missed you! And I think I might just do a spa day when he's refinishing the floors...seems like karmic justice to me!

    nonny: that's what I thought! Yeah, I may wait on the mani-pedi...I'm actually aching too much today to enjoy it. I'm sure the laying around in the sun tomorrow will help that!

    mike: good idea! and I could make some tip $ too! ;-)

    limpy: for you~the carpet spikes are free!

    beadinggal: you got that right! ;-)

    I'm so glad you're feeling better.:)

    e: I'm starting to wish I drank! Aleve is helping me out so far....

    phoenix: heh! I know! The genius who used those musta be really worried about hurricanes.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. molly: aren't they crazy huge?!?!? there were quite a few like that around the room~freaks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. golly, but you ARE the productive one these days - didn't you start a garden, too? How's that going?

    ReplyDelete
  24. phlegm: yeah, I did. Or rather, Sweet Man did. I had a feeling he'd end up doing it. He SAID he was doing it for me but he keeps referring to it as "his" garden! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!