I' m sure I bore some of you some of the time with this kinda post, but I get positively giddy over a good deal.
And y'all know how I am about decorating......
Put the two together and this is the kind of post you get!
Sweet Man's new t.v.
cost: $75.00 reduced from $275.00
(I think the owner was on crack when he had it priced at $275!)
you may not be able to tell, but it has a really cool faux finished top.
(I think the owner was on crack when he had it priced at $275!)
you may not be able to tell, but it has a really cool faux finished top.
older (not sure if it's antique) game tableto replace icky sofa table I was tired of...
I think it has beautiful lines..
coolest thing: it swivels around and closes up to become half this size
(in case I wanted to use it in a smaller space)
cost: $100
('cuz I knew the manager of the store)
p.s. Please excuse the wires that are exposed under the washstand. Sweet Man isn't finished hooking everything up.


Hi Big Pissy,
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! And I for one am NOT bored with this post! I can (and do) spend hours redecorating my house; its fun to change things around and create new vignettes. Your new game table is fantastic and for $100 you basically purchased two tables. Such a deal!! I’ve never seen anything like it.
One of my OCD things is dangling wires and electric outlets; they’re eyesores! I’m constantly working on new ways to hide them; vases/urns; shutters or small stools seem to do the trick pretty well. When I’m perusing a decorating magazine and I spot an outlet or plain plastic cheapie light switch, I wonder what kind of designer could be that sloppy to have missed it!
You’re fortunate to have “Sweet Man” to help out! Happy Decorating!!
they have this thing you can buy probably at hardware or lowes, home depot etc.in electrical dept. it is a contraption that gathers up the excess cord and encloses it and you cant see the wires..it's pretty cool...the table is reall beautiful...
ReplyDeleteCool! Good bargains!
ReplyDeleteHi Big Pissy I love the table!! It is absoultly gorgeous and what a baragain price too. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Mrs. Toast and I cannot decorate, if you came to our house you'd cry. Its just sad that both her and I have the decorating sense of a first year male college student.
ReplyDeleteART! Escept for art, I like to spend lots of money on expensive art, so I have that going for me...
You're house looks beautiful! Nice work on integrating those two pieces!
Nice Stuff! You have good taste.
ReplyDeleteYou have such excellent taste. You're much like my sister in that way, even tho her decorating sense does sometimes veer toward a few too many collectibles. Glad to see that you don't do that!
ReplyDeleteWhat spectacular deals you got! You have quite the eye, and they look lovely in your house.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteNo I will not excuse those exposed wires. I have called your power company and have reported you to them. They needed an address...and I panicked...so I faked it. You can thank me later.
That is a cool faux finished top. It looks just like a TV.
ReplyDeleteI like pictures of bargains as much as I like pictures of new furniture. Not a bad post.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a great post, and i'm glad I got a peek at the new items before I see them in person this eveing. Looks great! :) Big A will be taking the TV with us when we go... don't tell sweet man because he may not be as sweet when he finds it missing.
ReplyDeletePissy. You and I could do some damage together, sista.
ReplyDeleteSweet looking boob tube! I've been thinking of getting a new one myself, and that is a nice one.
ReplyDeleteI love a good deal, and you do not look old enough to have a 27 year old!
ReplyDeleteOh Pissy! I love, love, love your taste! Your house is beautiful. Please keep posting pics of your deals.
ReplyDeletethe table is beautiful Pissy! I like the color of the table with the tv on it....thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous new things, and good deals too. Who could ask for anything more?
ReplyDeleteI love seeing pics of your place. You have great taste.
And I know my Main Man would think your Sweet Man has great taste in electronics, too. (I'm hoping he doesn't stumble on your site when you have this post up. He'll want a TV just like Sweet Man's.)
OK my comments are working now...sorry pissy about that.
ReplyDeletenice! Veyr frugal! I am probably going to have to get rid of half my stuff when we go into smaller home!
ReplyDelete*screaming*
ReplyDeleteHOLY MOTHER OF GOD! That washstand base is FUCKING amazing. THUD
I LOVE a great deal. Keep up the shopping expeditions and explanation posts. I'm in it, baby!!!
What a great piece for your TV. I really like it. It's much more interesting than a TV stand thing. Love that table too! You would stroke out at the quagmire of cords near my TV. BUT I have to say they are behind an armoire and don't show to anyone but me. Your home is pretty! Keep sharing!
ReplyDeleteSee, you somehow have this gift of taking old shit, decorating it up with new shit and making it look better than when the original shit was new. Did you follow that?
ReplyDeleteI have NO talent for decorating.
None.
CP.
LOVE IT! I love the Tv the most though!!!
ReplyDeleteNice legs on that table, love it.
ReplyDeletePS I also love that wall color.
You have impeccable taste, as always, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI like your little table set up and - magazine rack. Wepirate thought that you had arranged your trash so it looked good in the photo--Men ;)
ReplyDeleteMiss litzi: Hi! Thanks! I love the table too. and I'm with you on the dangling cords~pet peeve!
ReplyDeleteyellowdog granny: thanks for the info and the compliment on the table!
pud: thanks!
beady: thanks~hope you have a good weekend too! :)
toast: Nah, I wouldn't cry. I'd just start moving your furniture around~ heh! ;-) I know how you are about art, so I can only imagine the beautiful pieces you must own.
reg: thanks!
kc: heh! I've really pared down on the collectables. I'm trying to go with the 'less is more' approach now.
erin: thanks!
hippo: you are so good to me! I'll thank you now!
limpy: heh!
dr john: Thanks! and thanks for stopping by!
little p: I think he'd have to fight him for it! ;-)
nowhere girl: how much fun would that be?!?!? :)
bruce: sweet man loves it! Me...not so much. I'm so blind that it's hard for me to see :(
jmeped: me too! and I am! ;-)
signgurl: thank you! you are so sweet! :)
catch: thanks!
library mama: thanks! and yeah, men are all about that tv! ;-)
jerry: thanks! I was starting to think you'd banned me or something!
katt: i've been getting rid of stuff too, I just keep buying more!
buddha girl: heh heh! You are so funny! If I ever decide to get rid of that washstand, I'll be sure be to call you!
shpprgrl: I have the same thing in my den~an armoire hiding a TON of cords and wires! :)
cp: heh!I did follow that! and I know you have a talent for shopping! ;-)
sunny: heh! thanks!
lori: aren't they pretty? that color is Sherwin-Williams 'Bottecilli (sp?) Red'.
mr fab: thank you!
pixie: heh heh! "Men" is right! Sweet Man probably would have thought the same thing! ;-)