Thursday, June 22, 2006

A letter from Hell

Dear Everyone Outside of Hell,

Sorry I've been lacking in the posting of posts and visiting of blogs for the past week.

There has been a whirlwind, nay, a frenzy of activity in the Southern Circle of Hell for the past week. I can best sum it up by saying that I have not stayed in my pajamas past noon one day this week.

I KNOW!

I've been that busy!

Y'all probably know that both Georgiabelle and Little P are in the process of moving.

Georgie to a house she and Z have just bought.

Little P to a loft in the city.

Both of them being my daughters, this moving has resulted in a flurry of redecorating and furniture purchasing.

During Georgie's visit, we have been to my friend's furniture shop no less than 4 times, to our favorite home decor shop no less than 3 times, and to an antique mall 2 times.

We've been out to lunch with friends 3 times and to our hairguy's shop twice.

I won't tell y'all how many times we've been to Wal-mart.

All of this has required that I get dressed, do my hair and wear at least minimal make-up 5 out of the last 7 days.

Do y'all know how much that has pained me?????

All of that being said, today there should be a lull before the part two of the frenzy continues here at the Casa.

Georgiabelle is leaving this morning.

Little P is arriving tomorrow night.

I won't bore y'all with all of the moving of and purchasing of furniture that I have done myself here at the Casa this week. All of this brought on my Sweet Man's purchasing of a 32 inch HD flat-screen t.v.

I'll save that for another day.

Now I shall close this post by using one of Hell's more vivid colloquialisms~

"Y'all, I am worn 'schlam' (slam~but said with the additional 'ch' for emphasis) out!!!!"

Love,
Pissy

34 comments:

  1. Oh Big P- you know you love it! :) Yeah, City'll wear you out! Remember over Christmas when she'd pop up and be like WHAT ARE WE DOING TODAY?! And we'd look at each other in our PJ's from under our blankets, next to our stack of magazines with E on TV and be like "This." :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Sorry my visit will be short-lived- but you HAVE to come see me soon and get this loft set up!!!! Love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. little p: I do love it.....well, most of it. ;-) City (Georgie) was actually willing to stay in some b/c of her injuries. However, that still required that I cook, clean, etc PLUS all the other activities.

    and heh heh!! I remember that happening at Christmas....good times! :)

    Can't wait to see you either (and your loft)!

    Love you and miss you too!

    *smooches and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap. One should never apologize for shopping...under ANY circumstances.

    I'm rolling around in pure joy at the thought of buying furniture, going to store after store, and sheesh...getting my hair done!

    You chicks have a TON OF FUN!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like your shopping has been a full time job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. Getting dressed is such a bother. You totally sounded like me with the whole make-up, hair done issue :) But come on, quality time with your girls is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. buddha girl: you know we are some MAJOR shoppers! I've just been outta practice since I quit working and have less $ to waste, uh....spend! :)

    pud: it has been!

    nonny:I knew you'd understand about the getting dressed part.

    Of course the quality time has been priceless. I wish my girls didn't live so far away...

    I'm just glad Georgie is a teacher so that she has chunks of time she can spend here in Hell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new here but I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. youe need to get your priorities straight! teeeheeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging...it happens to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost feel as if I could count myself among your group of shoppers. Lately, I've done more furniture, hardware, appliance, and clothes shopping than I've ever done in such a concentrated time before. Whew! This weekend I will be helping paint The Boy's room before he returns from England. Then, hopefully, all the projects and shopping will end for a while. I'm exhausted!

    Georgia & Little P -- isn't it great to have a Mom who wants to help and shop with you? My lovely mother is the same way. Bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. kc- it truly is! It's a joke among me and my friends that I have to consult my mom before purchasing, or keep the tags on things until she sees it. I've been known to send her digital pictures in new clothes, gather feedback, and make returns... She's saved me lots of $!!! :) I love her!

    ReplyDelete

  12. I fail to see the burn marks of your letter.

    To verify please go to your local Notary Public.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that IS busy! Good luck to your girls, that's exciting! I'm exhausted just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WAL-MART...boy howdy...I am breathing into a brown paper bag ...just the thought of going to walmart sends me into a panic attack...and make up...??? killl me now...
    your a better woman than i am gunga din..

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys need a Target. Then not only would you be busy, you'd be completely broke. I can't walk out of that place without spending $100 because I just had to have a new purse or new bath towels or something.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Big Pissy,
    It sounds like you’ve been meeting yourself coming and going. You mentioned the magic words; shopping, lunch, and the hairdresser’s. What more could a woman ask for??

    Although it’s been hectic, buying furniture and redecorating sounds like a great deal of fun. Isn’t this more exciting than staying home and organizing drawers?

    Enjoy your daughters and all the merriment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of sitting in my pj's all day with gossip rags and E on tv. I must try that sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every time Linda and I are together we make those many many many trips to Wal-mart, we are always on the go too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I purchased my new favorite summer shorts at Target today. I estimate that I'll probably wear these new shorts 35 of the next 45 days.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel you on the getting dressed with hair and makeup thing. Nothing is better than lounging around in your PJ's. I hope you get a day like that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thomas: heh! thanks for stopping by and for missing me! ;-)

    katt: I know, right?!?!?

    mike: Doesn't it? What a pain! ;-)

    kc: It's fun to do all the new house stuff, isn't it? Just try doing it twice! But I really do love it.

    I think it's fun that your mom goes with you....I'm sure she loves it!

    hippo: We make our own rules in Hell.

    and I AM a notary public.

    Need something notarized?

    lady k: heh! it was exhausting living it! thanks!

    yellowdog granny: thank you!!! I hate Wal-mart too...it's just all we have here in Hell.... :(

    de: We're getting one in Dothan! I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. miss litzi: you're right! We have enjoyed ourselves! :)

    reg: I love it!

    lori: Why is it that we can't stay out of Wal-mart?!?!? ;-)

    Monk: Men have it sooooooo easy! ;-)

    signgurl: thank you! Hope you have one soon too! :)

    justin: Please. Of course I'm not making it up.

    Why do you think I call this place Hell?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Man, I had no idea the pace in Hell was so hectic. That is good to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. mr fab: yes, the pace here can be.....well.....hell. heh heh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. shopping rules! But you need to pace yourself, for each shopping day have a PJ at home day.

    I still cant get over how organized your fridge is in that last post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Damn it- I'm too old to be an adopeted daughter, ever thought of adopting a sis?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish I had that relationship with my mother. They are lucky girls, I agree do you need an adopted sister? I need a letter to the shoe people at walmart notorized can you hook a sister up?

    ReplyDelete
  28. up and dressed before noon??? thats a tough one!!! what we dont do for our daughters! the little princesses...lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. mel: Shopping DOES rule! Especially when it's not MY $ ! heh! My fridge had to be that organized at that time b/c I had so much in it! It was like puzzle pieces! ;-)

    t: consider yourself a member of the family~sister, daughter~whatever.

    You're in! :)

    jemped: You too! After all, you live in Georgia and that's where my girls live! ;-)

    catch: I know, right?!?!? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  30. It was such a fun visit, pissy! we did go and go and go, didn't we!?! I don't know why ya'll make so much fun of me for my shopping addiction!!! :) I just can't sit still knowing there are deals to be had out there!!! :) I only shop like that with you and lp! I gotta take advantage when we're together! Just wait until you come here to visit! I'll drag you all over Atlanta!!! Rest up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. georgie!!! you have internet access!!!

    I posted today~pics of the washstand with the new tv and the new table.

    go hit refresh!

    You know I love to shop with you!

    You and Suzie Q are the only people who love to shop as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow what a busy week you had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. pixie: I KNOW! I'm still tired! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon! Leave a comment.....you know you want to!