Hey is that a pot plant? Ours never grew that tall.haha cool zuchini, just mahvelous Pissy dahlin'. Would you like me to make a basket out of duct tape for you to carry your harvest in??lol
Hi Big Pissy, The zucchini you grew is HUGE! I didn’t realize they could get that big. Did you use “Miracle-Gro for Vegetables” to stimulate growth? How many squash that size did you get? I hope you and your “prince” like zucchini!
Your tomato plants are three times the size of mine already! I tried growing zucchini last year but all they did was take over the garden, suck the nutrients from the tomatoes and made me water twice as frequently. They also didn't produce one damn zucchini. Needless to say, it's tomatoes only this year.
put in a container with balsamic vinegar (the cheap kind)
close the container and shake until the zucchini has absorbed some of the vinegar
put some olive oil in the container as well, along with lots of basil and oregano, some garlic powder, and anything else you care to toss in (sage, thyme, pepper, etc)
shake to coat with some oil
put wedges on barbeque until grill marks appear, but zucchini is still relatively firm
put back into container with remaining marinade
eat
hot, warm, luke-warm, room temperature, cold - it's all good
same thing works with eggplant and tomato - leave the skin on when you grill (about 2 inch think slices)
katt: nah! No pot. Ya know...I think I COULD use a duct tape basket to carry my bountiful harvest from garden to kitchen.... ;-)
pud: No competitions...never thought of that!
signgurl: actually, we do!
library mama: Usually I just put it in spagetti sauce, etc. but I have an excellent zucchini bread recipe I want to try.
nonny: I'm sorry! Blogger has just let me leave comments. Haven't been able to for over 2 hours...
monk: I don't know how it happened. I just went in to edit posts and saved it. When I republished it~your comment was still there. Yea! :)
miss litzi: we do use Miracle Grow. So far that one giant zucchini is the ONLY thing that has come out of the garden. There are tons of tomatoes and bell peppers, etc. not ripe yet, though!
For starters....just call me "Pissy". The "Big" is just to distinguish me from my youngest daughter who is basically a 28 year old smarter, prettier version of me. Ok then....I'm a Southern smart-ass, lets just get that out of the way right now. I've been described as grumpy, opinionated, "pissy" and funny. And that was by people who love me. Imagine what people who hate me say. Bitches....
Nice Melon!!!
ReplyDeleteheh! It's a zucchini!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of zucchini...
You try planting hot dogs?
Hey is that a pot plant? Ours never grew that tall.haha
ReplyDeletecool zuchini, just mahvelous Pissy dahlin'. Would you like me to make a basket out of duct tape for you to carry your harvest in??lol
Do you enter garden competitions too??
ReplyDeleteOh Pissy! Do you have cucumbers too? Just asking...
ReplyDeletePretty impressive! Do you have a good recipe or two? My mom always hid zucchini in things like chocolate cake and jam.
ReplyDeleteI can't see your photos :(
ReplyDeleteI don't have any kind of green thumb so I'm sure I'd be really impressed if I could see them.
Wow that was cool - how'd you do that with pulling the post, saving my comment and reposting later? I'm impressed. I might need to try that some day.
ReplyDeleteHi Big Pissy,
ReplyDeleteThe zucchini you grew is HUGE! I didn’t realize they could get that big. Did you use “Miracle-Gro for Vegetables” to stimulate growth? How many squash that size did you get? I hope you and your “prince” like zucchini!
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!
My Oh My what a big zucchini you have there!
ReplyDeleteAre you going to fry that bad boy up? YUMMIE!
I love zucchini and that's sure a heck of a big zucchini to love.
ReplyDeleteYour tomato plants are three times the size of mine already! I tried growing zucchini last year but all they did was take over the garden, suck the nutrients from the tomatoes and made me water twice as frequently. They also didn't produce one damn zucchini. Needless to say, it's tomatoes only this year.
ReplyDeleteMMMM MMMMM Can you smell the zuchini fryin up in a pan??? ooooh zuchini bread baking in the oven..damn that is your zuchini not mine. :)
ReplyDeletep.s.
left you a pic on my blog today.
take zucchini
ReplyDeleteslice into wedges about 5 inches long
put in a container with balsamic vinegar (the cheap kind)
close the container and shake until the zucchini has absorbed some of the vinegar
put some olive oil in the container as well, along with lots of basil and oregano, some garlic powder, and anything else you care to toss in (sage, thyme, pepper, etc)
shake to coat with some oil
put wedges on barbeque until grill marks appear, but zucchini is still relatively firm
put back into container with remaining marinade
eat
hot, warm, luke-warm, room temperature, cold - it's all good
same thing works with eggplant and tomato - leave the skin on when you grill (about 2 inch think slices)
Is it really a zucchini? It looks more like a spaghetti squash.
ReplyDeleteCompletely delicious! I'm a tad bit envious that you've already gotten some veggies...HELL must be good for at least one thing, I guess.
ReplyDeletehippo: not yet! Maybe next year....
ReplyDeletekatt: nah! No pot.
Ya know...I think I COULD use a duct tape basket to carry my bountiful harvest from garden to kitchen.... ;-)
pud: No competitions...never thought of that!
signgurl: actually, we do!
library mama: Usually I just put it in spagetti sauce, etc. but I have an excellent zucchini bread recipe I want to try.
nonny: I'm sorry! Blogger has just let me leave comments. Haven't been able to for over 2 hours...
monk: I don't know how it happened. I just went in to edit posts and saved it. When I republished it~your comment was still there. Yea! :)
miss litzi: we do use Miracle Grow. So far that one giant zucchini is the ONLY thing that has come out of the garden. There are tons of tomatoes and bell peppers, etc. not ripe yet, though!
lori: probably gonna try Cadbury's grill recipe. It sounds GOOD! :)
kc: isn't it huge?!?!?
e: Our tomato plants are big~I just wish the tomatoes would ripen! We had bad luck with bell peppers last year....
beady: I'll send ya some zucchini! and thanks for posting that pic~too cute!!! :)
cadbury: I am SO gonna try your recipe~it sounds so tasty! I'll let you know how it turns out!
erin: I hope so! It said zucchini on the plant when I bought it at Wal-Mart!
buddha girl: Yeah, I guess you could say HEll is good for growing veggies. That's about it as far as I'm concerned.... ;-)
ReplyDeleteI thought that it was a marrow...
ReplyDeleteShows you how much I know. English Zucchinis (we call them courgettes are a lot smaller and a darker green colour)
i have a kick ass recipe for zucchini.
ReplyDeletewant me to email it to ya?
pixie: what's a marrow?
ReplyDeletecole: oh yeah! Please email it to me!
vegetable marrow
ReplyDeleten. Chiefly British.
Meaning #1: any of various squash plants grown for their elongated fruit with smooth dark green skin and whitish flesh
Synonyms: marrow, marrow squash
Meaning #2: large elongated squash with creamy to deep green skins
Synonym: marrow
They are horrible :\
Pixie: Whoa! Sounds horrible! I'd never heard of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the explanation. :)
That's a big ass mother fucking gourd.
ReplyDeletehot lips: What can I say? Guess hell is good for something.....
ReplyDelete