He and I have discussed the issue, and even though he is named for a porn star, he's unsure of his sexuality. After all, he doesn't have any "fun bits"....... and he is pink .
So what is a flamingo to do?
Where does he seek companionship?
Luckily for Mr. Mandingo, the annual Piney Woods Art Festival was held here in Hell this weekend. While it has sucked the big one for the past few years, it redeemed itself this year.
Sweet Man and I went yesterday for a while. While there, I came upon a booth bursting with flamingos! I knew then that I would have to bring Mr. Mandingo back to visit with others such as himself.
Below we offer a small photo gallery of images from our day in the Piney Woods of Hell.....
is being added to the
Pissy Code
Pissy Code
A close up of Mr. Mandingo's favorite new friend........they traded fashion secrets...
The owner of this booth was really cool. Her husband took the pictures. If any of you flamingo lovers are interested in seeing more of her work, go here. I loved her stuff!
Oh..... just so you know.....neither I nor Mr. Mandingo dressed up for the occassion. Neither of us did our hair or wore make-up.
So be kind about our appearance please.
Hot Lips, this means you.
Oh..... just so you know.....neither I nor Mr. Mandingo dressed up for the occassion. Neither of us did our hair or wore make-up.
So be kind about our appearance please.
Hot Lips, this means you.



Nice to see you're getting Mr. Mandingo out of the house for sightseeing and companionship.
ReplyDeleteMike: *sigh* it's hard being a flamingo in Hell.....
ReplyDeleteBut I do what I can for the 'lil fella....
HOW DARE YOU TAKE MR MANDINGO OUT WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP ON!!!
ReplyDeleteOh well.
At least he has a cool name.
How fun! Was this his first outing?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad he made some new friends!!! :)
That damn bird gets out more than I do...
ReplyDeleteMr. Mandingo is one sexy flamingo.
ReplyDeletehee hee
Love it!
This was an art show all about flamingos??
ReplyDelete*clapping hands*
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Mandingo was the winning name! *shaking my hiney*
I know he had a dangerously great time with you at Piney Woods. He was looking pretty hard at that one pink chick. He may not have bits, but I'm thinking he's got a Y chromosome!
Glad you had a good time! I say to HELL with make-up on the weekend!
hot lips: I KNEW you'd be upset!
ReplyDeleteI started to do his make-up and put his J-Lo suit on~but it seemed a little warmish out for that....
I was neglectful in that I forgot his purple sunglasses....
City: Oh no no no!!! Remember? His first outing was to Auburn's campus...Toomer's Corner, Stamford Hall, the Auburn University sign...you know~all the highlights of AU.
He might be pink but his blood runs orange and blue!
War Eagle!
Mr. Fab: I told you he'd have a good home with me!
kb: Mr. Mandingo sends his sincere thanks and regards: *pink pecks* !!
Pud: sadly, no. Just this one booth had flamingos. But Mr. Mandingo and I drew quite a crowd during our photo session.
We brought in some business~let me tell you!
BuddhaGirl: The name Mr. Mandingo won by a landslide!
ReplyDeleteWe did have fun! We received many compliments on Mr. Mandingo.
The baked goods booth wanted him to be their mascot, but he wasn't appropriately attired: no apron :(
There's always next year....
Oh, we agree~most every weekend is a no-make-up-weekend at Casa de Pissy!
You crack me up...
ReplyDeletenwg: Heh! Just one more service we provide... :)
ReplyDeleteOh god piney woods- now there's a blast from the past! I used to go to those things when I was a kid! I can't believe they still have them...are they still in that wooded area next to the college?
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is IT LOOKS WARM THERE! Sunshine, short sleeves, I'm freezing my ass off still and your strolling casually through a craft fair in a short sleeve shirt. The flamigos are very cute, I admire anyone with artistic talent.
ReplyDeletede: yep! same place since forever....
ReplyDeletenonny: the weather really is beautiful here right now. Yesterday was perfect! It's supossed to get up to the mid 80's later this week :)
Sorry you're freezing, but I'll be bitching about how hot and humid it is here before too long....
I thought they were cute too!
I have ZERO artistic talent myself!
Do you get tired of lugging Mr. Mandingo around? Does hubby carry him sometimes? Does he have his very own special pink carrier?
ReplyDeletedelightful pictures
ReplyDeletereally - if they didn't overuse the word on those home decorating shows i would apply to ord whimsy to the pics too
oh, and by the way, i never noticed you weren't wearing make-up
i was thinking something to the effect of "yes, my earlier impression was correct - she's very nice looking". hoping you don't mind me saying that out loud...)
He's pink and traded fashion secrets...I'd say Mr. Mandingo is Mr.Gaydingo.
ReplyDeletemy deletions
ReplyDeleteblogger wasn't returning post confirmation, so i tried more than once
apparently i experienced success all three times
I'm certain Mr.Mandingo was the star of the event and I'll bet he got a lot of phone numbers.(wink)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures BP.
tc
lmao.
ReplyDeleteThat was great... And darling, you look WONDERFUL!!
kc: I haven't gotten tired of carrying him yet. But I should tell you that I carried him in a large Ballards shopping bag. When we were in Auburn, Sweet Man carried him some. We get a lot of looks! I need to get Mr. Mandingo his own pink carrying case~or a pink umbrella stroller, maybe? ;-)
ReplyDeletecadbury: Thanks! I'm glad you found the pictures delightful and whimsical~I consider that a compliment! You are too kind :)
phoenix: I told y'all he's conflicted about his sexuality.... but I think we all know which way he's leaning....
sherry: heh! Thanks!
tc: glad you like 'em! Yes, Mr. Mandingo was quite the hit and managed to obtain several phone numbers when my back was turned. I may have to get him his own cell phone....of course, he wants a pink Razor.... ;-)
While you claim to be "dressed down" for the occasion. I cant help but notice the matching outfits. Ah, what a tangled web we weave...
ReplyDeleteWould it kill you to update once in a while?
ReplyDeleteMr. S: Please! Even when I'm dressed down, I still have to maintain SOME fashion sense! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHot lips: I'm too busy being retired, thank you very much!
What a great site
ReplyDelete»